Samstag, 24. April 2021

15mm DKoK or why I needed a 3D Printer

Mr. Mars made me another present. I have managed to scale down 28mm models to god's chosen scale without any problems. You lose some detail that 15mm people don't need anyway. I bought some .stl files and can build whatever I like now. Your Sergeant needs a Powerfist AND a plasma pistol? No problem! Need some more poses? Mirror bodies and arms. It's really like having a limitless bitz box and all kitbashing is done before printing. No more glueing or sculpting (unless you want to). 

So here they are: 15mm Death Korps of Krieg from the toxic Resin wastes. Avoid those fumes, wear a mask! ;)

Needless to say that there will be more... Chimeras, Sentinels, Ogryns, weapon teams... oh my.




 


 

13 Kommentare:

  1. Damnit, stop tempting me 😉.
    Amazing work, they're all fantastic.

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Nah, I won't. Buy that damn thing, you NEED it. ;D

      Löschen
    2. I'm more than a little bit concerned about the smell and possible dangerous vapours, as well as the chemicals needed to clean the models.

      Löschen
    3. The chemical needed for cleaning is called water. The vapours are a thing to consider though... always wear a gas mask!

      Löschen
  2. Fantastic painting in that scale. Amazing.

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. :O :O :O
    Dammit, these are so beautiful!! You did a neat work on these, I love them!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Excellent work and painting Skully.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. I had many doubts and hesitations about 3D printing digital models, changing their scale ... But seeing the results you and others have obtained, I'm changing my mind. I understood that having a resin print rather than plastic is essential for the details. And without a doubt your painting work adds charm to the result!

    AntwortenLöschen
    Antworten
    1. Thank you, Rodor! I also had my doubts and I feared it would be complicated. Now I allready forgot how I could do this hobby without a printer. :D

      Löschen

Five Leagues from Gotburg - Part 1

It's batrep time.